Monday 22 August 2011

Table for One

This is so funny coz it's so true, typically, for the city, but not today. Apparently, they get it right, once in a while.

courtesy of metronews.ca
I went outside briefly at our balcony this morning, and this is what greeted me.


Wasn't really planning to go out today. But I got hungry and didn't feel like making anything. So, just like some of my decisions lately, I decided last minute to try this new ramen place that recently opened nearby. I figure, hubby's working and this kind of food is not really his thing, I've been meaning to try this place since it opened, I don't feel like waiting for the weekend again to try this place with friends perhaps, and it's raining, so what better way to warm the belly up.

Rainboots, check. Ok, I'm ready.

Tretorn rainboots from Winners
 This place, as its sign says, before it opened, originated in SoCal (haven't heard of it when lived there, they may have opened after), and apparently, "one of the must-have food before you die" or something like that. Now, how can you not be tempted by such declaration!


I ended up ordering this.

Shio Tonkotsu Ramen- HAKATA Pork Premium rich broth Pork Broth : Pork chashu, Spinach, Bamboo, Green onion , Flied onion
-Limited to 20 servings a day -  (this is the description, right from their website)
 I thought I would go for their spicy soup, but this soup came recommended, not counting the fact that this cost the most. This is their signature soup, their most popular one, apparently. I asked why they only served 20 a day. I don't remember what the girl said. I don't think I got a real answer. Maybe she wasn't expecting to be asked that question at that moment. O well. I ordered it anyway.

This soup is not for the "light" of heart. Hello? Pork belly! I know it looked a tad monochromatic. For sure, it was rich, for a soup!


I can't say for sure that this is the best ramen I've had. It IS good, that much I'd say. The pork belly is so tender, it melts in your mouth. I guess this place can give the established ramen places on Denman St a run for their money. Hey, the more, the merrier, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...