Saturday 13 August 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

So, I met some girlfriends for lunch today. Went to this restaurant by the water. As the summer winds down, guess we just want to get as much sun and fun as we could. Who wouldn't?

For 3 people, we sure ordered quite a bit. I guess this is why we all get along. We are definitely not afraid of eating! LOL...
Our view from our table
And order we did!
Mussels in curry sauce
Rapini with garlic in soy
Linguini with clams
I wish I can tell you that is all we ordered. *gasp* Let's just say that there may have been a dish or 2 that didn't quite make it here anymore. Not that they're any less good. Didn't want to appear too much of a glutton. Ooops, too late! HAH!

Needless to say, they were all yummmmm!!!

I think it's nice to do things like this once in a while. As indulgent as it may sound, I think there's nothing wrong with enjoying good food & wine with friends every now and then. I think it shows appreciation for life, in general. It doesn't mean that you ignore the plight(s) of this world, it just means that you are taking the time to celebrate life, and pausing occasionally to stop and smell the roses, or in our case, the seafood mostly:p

Who knew I can have that much insight around food, eh? LOL

So there we were, trying to burn off even a fraction of what we ate, went around a bend and found a festival going on.

Got to enjoy some performance...


And thank god I'm on this mission of curbing my shopping as there were a few nice stalls, eeeeek...


Gotta love the city, especially in the summer! Sometimes you never know just what's around the corner.

Then, to sorta' top the afternoon off, what better way to end a summer day than a gelato, no?



Heard good things about this place. Now I know why. Further proof of how good it is, the line-up when we walked in. Now, the place is not like the other one, but I say they're both goooooood!!!


Espresso (half left) and Salted caramel (half right)
Couldn't have asked for a better day...

Now can't forget the hubby now, can I? Hee's a treat that he LOVES! lol... something he picked up at the public market at Granville Island.

Foccaccia
All I can say, thank god for "small" pleasures!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...