Tuesday 9 August 2011

I've come to suck your blood, so I was told

Thanks to a lovely co-worker, I am working my way to becoming a regular blood donor. I could not have been happier. With all the trivial things that occupy my brain, I forget sometimes to think beyond "my" world. I know it may not mean much to some, or even enough for some, but I have to start somewhere, right?

www.bloodservices.ca
Times like this makes me really appreciate and feel fortunate to be working with such wonderful people who inspires me to be a better person. There's her who's donated blood more than 50 times so far. And another who volunteers in a refugee camp during her vacation. And so much more. And if I tell you the kind of work we do, to be able to continue that same amount of passion outside work says quite a lot about the kind of people I work with. A true blessing indeed! I can only hope I can do a fraction of what they do... Baby steps...

And of course, what's an event without food, tell me. LOL. For what's-becoming-a-ritual dinner after our tiny act of good deed, this time we went here.


Fried cauliflower


Falafel

white wine sangria
Okay, the third item may not have been the best choice, considering, but they did say I needed to replenish with liquid. Guess they should have been more specific... teehee...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...