Saturday 24 September 2011

Staycation


stay·ca·tion

 noun \ˈstā-ˈkā-shən\
: a vacation spent at home or nearby
(definition from the Merriam-Webster online dictionary)


And according to Wikipedia-


"the word "staycation" was originally coined by Canadian comedian Brent Butt[8] in the show Corner Gas episode "Mail Fraud", which first aired October 24, 2005. The word became widely used in the United States during May 2008 as the summer travel season began with gas prices reaching record highs, leading many people to cut back on expenses including travel[9][10][11]"


Almost ironic, for me personally, that a Canadian show came up with this term.


Well, as of last Friday, at 5, I'm officially on staycation. Yes! 


Didn't set out to be like that. Let's just say it was due to a little lack of foresight. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. It's a new feeling, that's for sure, but hey, there's always a first time for everything, I suppose.


I promise myself I'll do my best to enjoy this moment. After all, my birthday's coming up. So is my wedding anniversary. Perhaps now it makes sense why I took part of my vacation staycation this time of the year? heehee...


Here's to 2 weeks of waking up whenever I want to, doing some projects around the house that I've been meaning to do since, well, forever, and who knows what else!


And here's to good eating through out:)


Italian sausage in tomato sauce with polenta





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...