Sunday 18 September 2011

Online Shopping, the (My) Final Frontier

Yes, yes, talking about online shopping is completely counterproductive, considering what I'm feebly attempting to do, to not shop.

{Un}Fortunately for me, online shopping is hardly on my radar. Yes! *gasp* Mind you, I've used it occasionally to purchase presents. But that's really it. Yes, I've done the online equivalent of window-shopping; but I have not had the urge to buy anything online, no matter how inexpensive the item gets. I know, silly, right? Especially in this day and age! Hey, call me whatever but it's not quite my thing. *knock on wood*

Here are the reasons why:

  1. I'm all about instant gratification- If I'm paying for it now, I want it on my hands now
  2. It's all about the experience- To me, online shopping does not give the same feeling of "thrill of the hunt"
  3. I get quite tactile when it comes to my purchases- Does the fabric feel nice? How does it feel wearing it?
I know, I know, I'm limiting myself by just sticking to just the brick-and-mortar. But the way I see it, I have enough trouble managing my "habit" with what's physically around me, I don't even want to imagine what it would be like if I venture into the world of online shopping. For now, I'm ok with that.

But if I do decide to bite the bullet and whip out those credit cards, these are probably the sites that could give the hubby some grief: (hehe)

Shop NET-A-PORTER.COM
gap.ca
Banana Republic
J.Crew







Nordstrom


... among some of them...

Here's to not shopping!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...