Sunday 10 June 2012

Gonna' Dress Me Up

With the kind of Friday I had, I think it was no surprise (to me) that I ended up at the mall. First, the misstep in the afternoon, figuratively and literally. Then by the time I'm going home, a series of little last-minute decisions that resulted in teeny delays (in my head) just got me steaming by the minute.

I figured I had to cool off a bit. And for me, there's no better way than just meander thru' the mall. The result?

RW&Co chambray dress (on sale, $50.37)

Clearly, I'm an emotional shopper. 'Always been my problem, I think (who am I kidding?). One small good thing, since I've put myself on a budget, is that I've become more discerning about my purchase (like how it should always be, to begin with, hel-lo!).

TOTAL (so far): $72.76


Interestingly enough, I came across this article through one of my regular reads. I admit, I'm a big contributor to the problem they're referring to. And after reading the article, my newly self-imposed budget just sounds trite and insufficient.... But hey, baby steps, at least, no, for starter...

Coming home that day, this is what was waiting for me, thanks to hubs --




And that just completely cooled me off...

Guess there'll always be a reason, one way or the other, why I love Fridays...


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...