Sunday 22 January 2012

Dine Out

Got a message from a friend on Friday asking me if I want to meet up on Saturday for dinner. Guess what my response was? LOL

As it turned out, which is what she had in mind after all, Dine Out Vancouver just started this weekend, which I almost forgot:p

For last night's dinner, she was able to make a reservation for this restaurant for 6:25 and we thought we'd meet up for pre-dinner drink(s). So we met up first at the lounge in the same building.

Golden mojito

I thought it was a nice way to whet our appetite:p

So, based on the menu, this is how the night turned out:

Cobb Salad

One of the friends went for the appetizer buffet which included cold seafood, which in essence gave our table, the chance to have some cold seafood... heehee...


Seared Queen Charlotte halibut with tiger prawns

And another friend had this--


Braised short ribs with pappardelle in cream spinach sauce

And last, but not least--




Post-dinner drink after, I thought the night went very well!:)

First time I've done Dine Out, it really is a good idea to try out all these restaurants you've never been to before. One of the friends has been doing it since 2001! Pretty cool, eh?

This morning, in a true lazy Sunday morning manner, I thought I'd treat myself and hubby to a true lazy Sunday morning breakfast.

Banana pancake with blackberries and praline pecans
(coz I didn't have walnuts:p)

Yay for weekends!!!

4 comments:

  1. They were!:p thnx for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm those all look delicious! Your blog is lovely, if you want to take a look at mine it’s at http://grassettagillie.blogspot.com, if you’d like we should follow each other! :)

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were delish! Yay for Dine Out!:p Thanks for the comments, ladies:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...