Saturday 19 November 2011

Versace for H&M, In Person

Every other fashion website/magazine/whatever seems to have done a feature on this already. Having said that, I almost forgot that it was today. Until I was on my way to somewhere else and I happen to see a group passing me by with bags and bags of bright yellow craziness. So I thought I might as well check it out.


As soon as I walked in, it was madness, I tell ya, madness! And this was midday! I can just imagine how it was in the morning when they first opened.

(I heard the store opened at 7:45, 15 min earlier(?), and it's been a zoo since then, apparently.)


... yellow craziness with a touch of pink...

Needless to say, they were practically all picked out. Some got lucky as they were able to grab whatever the staff yells out as being the last piece, whatever it was. The shoes were mostly size 10. And funny enough, the remaining clothes were mostly size 2. Inverted proportion, if I may add. So women with smaller feet and wears bigger-sized clothing have had a field day already, it seems.




But there were lots of those pants. I wonder why? Hmmm...

I almost bought into the frenzy. I almost convinced myself that I can rock one of those pants, or I could have probably fit one of my legs in some of the dresses left. Then what?

I suppose I'm one of those people who, as much as I want to get into these collabs, I'm hesitant to buy into it completely. On the one hand, it's "nice" that these designers are making their work more available to the masses. On the other hand, what are we paying for, really, but the name, no?

So without a purchase on hand, I walked away, and went shopping... somewhere else... which was the original plan to begin with... no, not for me, but for other people, for Christmas... but I did manage to sneak in a piece or 2 for me too... heehee...

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo...but those pants look awesome! LOL at " women with smaller feet and wears bigger-sized clothing have had a field day already, it seems."

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are, aren't they!:p... heehee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...