Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Hair Lesson

Ever since I found one hairstylist that I like working with, finally, I've decided that I would now go for regular visits, as in every 3 months or so (that is the usual, right?), as opposed to once every year, or year and a half (eeep!). So I did. After almost 4 months since my last visit, I booked a hair appointment, just this past weekend. It would have been sooner but he was on vacation (so that wasn't quite my fault now, was it?).

This was the idea for a new style:

(Google image)


Now before I post any more pic, the question is did I get this cut? The answer is no. Hah!

I've mentioned to him a few times that I always want something low maintenance coz I seriously don't have the patience anymore to stand in front of the mirror to blow-dry, flat-iron, texturize, shape and mold my hair. I would rather get an extra sleep. And thank god he was listening the whole time coz when I showed him this pic, the first thing he said was it would require too much work for me, considering the texture of my hair.

I'll admit I was disappointed for a millisecond, but the realist in me took over after that millisecond. Actually I think he was surprised that I suggested a totally different style. I think he thought I would just get the same asymmetrical bob I got before. Maybe it's just me, but I've always had this idea that if I'm going to a salon and make a production out of my haircut, it might as well be something totally different that it's really noticeable. Am I the only who thinks that way? And why do I think that way to begin with?

Anyhoot, I think I'm slowly moving away from that kind of thinking...

Then it got me thinking how it would be nice if every aspect of my decision-making has an equivalent to that of my hair guy... Should I go ahead and buy that thing?... Uhm, no because that would just create more expense... Should I go in that direction?... Uhm, no, because going in that direction would change your plan entirely... Kinda' like a live-in consultant in my head. Wouldn't that be cool? I suppose I could start seeing a shrink or something. HAH!

Trust my brain to over-analyze a haircut. A haircut!



So, after all that rambling, I did get a cut and this is how it looks now... hehe...



10 comments:

  1. You are so much better than me at getting haircuts. I get my haircut like twice a year... and I have my husband cut it... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave woman! haha... Oh I've been there too:p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! My husband has actually gotten quite good at the haircuts now. He's almost a pro! I was really nervous the first time though...

      Delete
    2. Guess practice makes perfect eh? Wonder how I can convince my hubby? hehehe

      Delete
  3. You should really just show your face so we can get the full effect:P It does look from what I can see:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should, shouldn't I! But would I? hehe

      Delete
  4. I really think its a good cut on you,
    with all the heat and busy lifestyle we have.
    I did get a haircut too a couple of weeks ago,
    from near waist length to above the neck and a new color,
    that brought up questions from my friends...am I heart-broken?
    Do I have problems?...Really?
    Why other people associate drastic change of hairstyle with those issues is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that musta' been some change! I do know what you mean about the questions when you make such a drastic change. Yah, why is that?!? Fortunately for me, since I've changed my hair so many times, most people around me who knows me have stopped asking:p

      Delete
  5. Hello! Great blog! The last post is very interesting and beautiful! Let's follow each other, if you agree, then let me know!)))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...