|courtesy of wikipedia|
I love its satirical undertones, its wit, and it just makes me laugh.
I remember one strip where Calvin made a decision that his life should have a soundtrack to make it more interesting, just like the way they do it in movies, even while doing mundane things such as having breakfast, or something like that. And I thought how cool would that be, if our lives do have a soundtrack?!?
Talking to my sis one time on the phone, I could hear one of my nephews singing, so I asked my sis what he was doing. Apparently, he was just playing with his toys. See, even he thinks it's cool to have music in the background while he's playing, and I bet it's to make his playtime more interesting. Granted he's a little boy...
Anyhoot, it made me think what my life's soundtrack will sound like, if indeed, I can add a soundtrack to my life, hmmmm...
If my life, to date, is a montage, starting from my teen years, the soundtrack would probably look like this:
1. "Do You Know Where You're Going To?" by Diana Ross (as a highschooler trying to figure out the meaning of life)
2. "Leaving on a Jetplane" by John Denver (as a girl in late teens about to move with the family, leaving friends and the life I knew behind)
3. "Looking for Love" by Johnny Lee (in search for love through my twenties)
4. "Water From the Moon" by Celine Dion (every time I thought found the "one" then realizing I was wrong, see above song heehee)
5. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper (as a single girl out and about town with my best gals)
6. "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk (when I did find the "one") <3<3<3
7. "California" by Phantom Planet (what now feels like a surreal period)
8. "Home" by Michael Buble (can't stay away too long after all)
9. "Dance with My Father" by Luther Vandross (sad does not even describe it)
10. "Umbrella" by Rihanna (literally too, hah!)
11. "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce (well, that's the plan, anyways... hehe)
So far so good, no? HAH!
I must say that was kinda' fun!:p