Tuesday 21 May 2013

The Making Of...

... a Fish Taco:)

This was inspired by this recipe that I stumbled upon on Twitter, of all sites...


Mango salsa

I made the mango salsa a tad chunkier.

Broccoli Slaw

The dish called for just a regular slaw but I didn't like how the napa cabbage looked at the market and found this broccoli slaw instead.

Cilantro dressing

There was no dressing called for in the recipe but it sounded a bit dry when I was trying to imagine the dish and since I pretty much have all the recipe already, I thought I'd just add this. I used this dressing to dress the slaw and also added a bit more when I assembled the dish.

Cilantro dressing:
Sour cream
Cilantro
Garlic
Lime juice
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
Sugar, a pinch (or agave syrup, if you have, for healthier version)


Rock fillets

The batter called for seltzer. I used club soda instead...

And voila!



Delish!!!

Even hubby, who's a picky eater, loved it. And so easy to make too!

As you can see, you can make so much variation to the dish, which is really good, especially for someone like me who doesn't like following recipes.

Anyhoot, a dish worth repeating for sure... mmm, mmm, mmm...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...